McCullough & Associates Blog

Sep 04, 2012

Form 1099-MISC

Are you required to file a 1099?  Form 1099-MISC is used to report payments to a non-employee for services rendered.  This form should only be filed when payments are made in the course of trade or business by corporations, LLCs, sole proprietors, and farmers.  One exception to this rule is rental businesses, which are not required to file a 1099.  If you have used the services of an LLC, you will…